Little Sun is currently seeking a fundraising professional to support an energetic effort to mobilize resources to increase our impact.
We are seeking an experienced and savvy self-starter to join Little Sun’s nascent Development department. We are in search of a full-time Development Officer responsible for foundation, individual and corporate fundraising. This role works closely with Senior Staff, and reports directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In concert with senior staff, develop and manage a portfolio of foundation, individual and corporate donors
- Steward current relationships (looking for opportunities to upgrade) and identify new prospects for cultivation and solicitation
- Research new prospects and prepare research reports
- Write compelling grant proposals, RFPs, reports, donor acknowledgements, and all fundraising related materials
- Develop and manage grants calendar, noting and updating deliverables, contact information, activity, follow-up, etc.
- Work closely with the administrative and program staff to gather the necessary information to ensure proposals and reports are comprehensive and compelling; follow up with leadership as necessary to ensure accountability
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our suite of programs along with upcoming events and initiatives, to ensure full understanding and accurate representation when communicating to funders and prospects
- Provide support to senior staff in preparation for solicitations, including developing appropriate briefing materials in advance of meetings.
- Track portfolio activity and progress in the donor database / CRM
- Created and maintain accurate donor files (electronic and hard copy) for all donors and prospects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Organize compelling fundraising events, dinners, meetings
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 – 7 years foundation or individual fundraising experience required; US fundraising a plus
- Impeccable writing skills with a particular strength, and demonstrated ability, writing compelling grant proposals
- Proven track record in prospect management and charitable foundation solicitation
- In depth experience working with a donor database and ability to analyze Little Sun’s current CRM and adapt it for fundraising needs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work well under deadlines and without supervision
- Outstanding oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Openness and adaptability to a dynamic “start-up style” office culture, self-starter and go-getter, can think on their feet and create new opportunities.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English. German a plus
The position can be located in New York or Berlin and can be structured initially as a short-term consultancy.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to John Heller, CEO, Little Sun at email@example.com